How to Love Yourself Like You’ve Never Been Loved -
Archives

How to Love Yourself Like You’ve Never Been Loved

DSC02884

Tell me, how do you like to be loved?

DSC02936

Sexually

romantically

emotionally

platonically?

DSC02954

How do you wish your lover would love you?

How do you wish your ex had loved you?

How does your fantasy of your ideal lover, love you?

DSC02961

Is that the way that you’re loving yourself?

Right now?

Most days?

Ever?

DSC02880

If you were the one who loved you most, would you feel honored, desired, and adored?

Seen, protected, and accepted?

Important, supported, and celebrated?

DSC02881

Or would you feel neglected, dismissed?

Judged, criticized, betrayed?

Unwanted, ugly, not good enough, and straight up abused?

DSC02903

Would you in a heartbeat, break up with or run away from you?

DSC02883

Are you hoping to be seen

hoping to be held

hoping to be validated

hoping to be loved?

DSC02943

Waiting and waiting and waiting

for the one?

DSC02876

Forgetting

that you are

the one

and only one?

DSC02942

What if you ended

the eternal disappointment

and remembered

your way home?

DSC02950

What if you looked in the mirror

and saw your beauty

in all of the ways

that no man, woman, or magazine ever has?

DSC02941

What if you tenderly caressed

your living body

worshipped every curve

and pleasured you as deeply

as you truly deserve?

DSC02955

What if you “liked” every single breath

moment, experience, and thought

without needing to share it

with anyone else?

DSC02940

What if you touched your wounds and your scars

let yourself fall apart

let yourself be imperfect and ugly

and instead of distracting yourself

or punishing yourself

or fixing yourself

or pretending it away,

you held yourself and said

“I love you, and I will always be here for you, no matter what.”

…Even when you don’t know how.

DSC02877

What if you gave yourself permission

to feel everything

To be as you are

Exactly as you are

Enough.

More than enough.

Nothing to shift, nothing to fix.

Accepted.

Allowed.

DSC02893

What if you looked inside

and saw the light

that’s always

been waiting

for you

to be found.

DSC02937

Loving yourself like you’ve never been loved isn’t easy.

But it is damn simple.

DSC02966

Look at every way in your life

that you didn’t receive the love that you needed

and love yourself like you wish you had been loved

right now.

DSC02906

Look at every way in your life

that you long to be loved

and make the commitment to stop whatever you’re doing

and love yourself like that

right now.

DSC02939

Easier to say

more difficult to do

but nothing is more important

than learning to love you.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments

1. This is so beautiful Camille! Thank you for this.

2. Thanks for all the inspiration and the honesty.
    Your blog is one of my favourites. I had some amazing years travelling, but have been struggling lately. Trying to save up money for a yoga teaching course, while not being sure of anything else anymore. Your posts always remind myself to trust, to love myself, to accept any feelings that might arise. I am so glad you are sharing your journey with us. Thank you so much.

• Camille Willemain Says: July 15, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Christine, thank you for your comment I appreciate you so dearly. It is such a gift to be able to share this journey with you. May we all remember more and more how to love ourselves as much as we truly deserve <3 I love you!

3. You area beautiful soul and I hope to meet you one day on one of your retreats! I appreciate you writing and posting this. I read it often to remember how to love myself. I too have had similar heartbreak in my life and I’m really happy I found your blog because it seems we are much alike and I hope to do the things you are doing in the near future! <3 Maybe we'll travel together!

• Camille Willemain Says: July 22, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Megan I am so grateful for your comment. You are so beautiful and I feel very very blessed to support you the best way I can. You’re welcome for the love you receive through my words, it is an honor. Sending you mucho amor mi hermana <3 Would love to connect with you on a retreat xx

• Absolutely. I would love to meet you! I will let you know in the future when joining you for a retreat in PV might be possible. Meanwhile I look forward to reading your posts. Sending love back to you, my Aquarius friend!

4. Pamela Tanton Says: July 24, 2017 at 11:32 am

Hi Camille,

Not sure if you remember me, maybe not my name but you spent time at what we called Camp Pamela one summer when you lived at Ivymount Apartments. I took care of you and your sister Madeleine plus a girl named Stephanie from Sao Paulo, I think, and her brother, and a couple of other Ivymount kids. I still think of that summer, and all of you kids, with great fondness. You were strong and clear back then, and it seems like you haven’t changed much! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you’re doing with your life. I still live at Ivymount, if you can believe it, in an apartment that faces the woods. I work at a nonprofit and I also teach qigong, so I’m kind of sympatica with your yoga teaching. Just wanted to connect….love, Pamela

• Camille Willemain Says: July 24, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Wow Pamela this is truly incredible!!! Thank you for reaching out!! Honestly I don’t remember the camp… but I do remember having lots of fun with my sister, friends, and cousins and supportive adults too tall for me to remember their faces haha at Ivymount :) I’m so amazed and grateful that you read my blog, so beautiful to be witnessed by you throughout different stages of life. How did you find me?? <3

5. Allison Rowe Says: July 25, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Hola! Buenos dias. Soy de Los Estados Unidos. I speak very little Spanish. 😁 My husband was offered a job in Puerto Viejo and we have visited CR before, but not this area. I am wondering if this area is a good place for a family with small children (4&6) and if living accommodations are safe? We would be travelling with a small budget. Your advise would be appreciated, thanks. -Allie

• Camille Willemain Says: July 25, 2017 at 10:54 pm

Hi Allie :) As far as safety, I recommend reading this article…

I have lots of friends with small kids living here and there is a really nice community for families and even a beautiful conscious education primary school :) That said it’s definitely not EASY living here especially with kids. Not easy to get around, not easy with the weather, not easy to buy things, etc. The ocean can get really rough certain times of year, the weather can be super intense, the jungle is super intense with insects, snakes, etc, and crime does happen. Kids are not the target, robbery, break ins, and rape are more common. It’s also pretty expensive here, and very challenging to find affordable housing these days. Expect to spend about the same as what you would in the USA to be completely honest… especially with food.

That said, it is one of the most magical, beautiful places in the entire world <3 So, for me it’s all worth it!
      Hope that helps!